It’s Friday. I have absolutely nothing new to share (it’s been very same shit, different day around here lately). So, inspired by a couple of recent posts from my girl crush, Stephanie Howell, I am sharing A) a list of 20 confessions, and B) an extremely embarrassing adolescent photograph.
1. I love watching documentaries on History and Discovery Channels. My favorites are historical, religious, or anything having to do with serial killers.
2. I am addicted to “Law & Order:SVU” and have watched the reruns of every episode so many times, I usually know exactly which episode it is before they even get to the opening credits.
3. I love Pad Thai. I could eat it every single day of my life.
4. The first LP (that’s a 12” vinyl record for those of you born after the 80s) I ever bought for myself was “Dare” by the Human League.
5. I am extremely sensitive and cry very easily. Especially when I’m angry or hurt.
6. I love to read, but I go through phases. Sometimes I can go through a few books in just a matter of days; other times, I get lazy and it take me forever to finish one.
7. I save all my patterned paper scraps, but I never remember to use them.
8. I love notebooks and writing utensils. If I had to guess, I would say that I currently have at least 500 pens/pencils in my possession. (It might be more.)
9. Sometimes I snort when I laugh too hard.
10. I daydream/fantasize/obsess about moving to Washington state someday.
11. I have never, not once, in my life thought of myself as pretty or attractive. I will only say of myself that I am “cute, with makeup.”
12. I know that I would have made a great mom, but I’m glad I didn’t have kids with any of my exes.
13. I am totally, butt-crazy, in love with my boyfriend. He is absolutely my favorite person on the planet.
14. I hate sorting and doing laundry, but I like folding it when it’s done.
15. I’m pretty sure that if I ever met Drew Barrymore, we would be best friends.
16. When my ex-fiancé dumped me, my first thought was “thank God I won’t have to put up with that pain-in-the-ass kid anymore” (his son from his first marriage). Seriously, that kid made Damien seem sweet.
17. I can not stand having long nails.
18. I have several scars from abdominal surgery, but I kind of like having them. (Weird, I know.)
19. I hate roses. Especially red ones.
20. Because of blogging, I was able to meet my awesome boyfriend and one of the best friends I’ve ever had.
Okay, on to the photograph…
I believe this was in 1980 or ‘81 (I was around 12 in this picture, and those are my paternal grandparents, both deceased). Not only was I sporting the big-ass Kid Cudi glasses, but check out the oh-so-stylish General Hospital t-shirt AND high-waisted jeans.
I was actually pretty obsessed with GH at that time. It was when Rick Springfield was on “General Hospital” as Dr. Noah Drake, and this song was on the radio all the time (“Paging Dr. Noah Drake to ICU to treat a case of heartbreak”). Oh boy.
Ahh… good times, good times.
That’s it, y’all. Peace out!