I know I haven’t blogged much lately. I haven’t had much time or desire to write about anything at all. But anyway, let’s see what’s been going on…
- Well, first of all, my honey was in the hospital for a few days. We thought he had appendicitis, but it turned out to be diverticulitis.
- My mom is visiting from Panama. She arrived on May 14th and is staying until June 14th. This is at the airport the day she arrived (my sister sucks at taking pictures).
- We had a postponed Mother’s Day lunch at my sister’s house on May 16th. Here is a pic of my mom with my little cousins (“little” being a relative term considering that Shawn is like 6’2”).
- I still have a cold, but it’s much better than it was last week. At least the head congestion is gone and my ears are no longer ringing. Now I just have this annoying lingering cough.
- Work sucks. Too much to do, no time to do it. And one of our part-timers resigned (tomorrow’s her last day), and my boss will be out for at least half of June. Which means I have to do my own work, add the part-timer’s (until we get a replacement) to my workload, AND cover for my boss while she’s out. Oh yeah, and did I mention we’re on a salary freeze this year? Awesome!
- I have a leak in my living room ceiling, which has been getting worse by the day, due to all the rain we’ve been having. But the contractor the leasing company hired can’t fix the roof until the rain stops. We live in Miami. It’s summer. It won’t stop raining until November. Please send a raft.
- I’ve done a little bit of scrapping, so I’m happy about that. I’ll share layouts in a separate post.
- This weekend we’re going to lunch at Havana Harry’s with my family, watching some motocross racing, and hitting up a 3-year-old’s birthday party. This will make up for the last two weekends where I did nothing because of the cold. I also haven’t seen Fanless since the 16th (I didn’t want to get him sick, so I kept my distance), so I’m excited to have some major make-up quality time.
Alright, I guess that’s all I’ve got for now. Peace out, yo.