Typically, Fanless and I spend the weekends together at his place. Normally we just hang out at home, watching DVDs or things he has tivoed, go out to eat, and maybe run errands to Target or Walmart. Sometimes we make plans with friends, or go to the movies or a concert, or go on the occasional road trip. Regardless of what we’re doing (or not doing), we always manage to have fun together. However, this weekend I was flying solo, as he had flown to Seattle for his friend’s wedding. I had planned to hang out with Tere, but that didn’t pan out as we’d hoped. So how did I keep myself entertained? Read on (I warn you: this is scintillating, edge-of-your-seat stuff; you might be completely unable to pull yourself away from the computer screen*).
1) Worked until 7pm on Friday night (to make up the hours taken to run trip-related errands, and driving to the airport and back).
2) Balanced my checkbook.
3) Paid bills.
4) Caught up on my blog-reading.
5) Completed seven “Top 5” lists on Facebook.
6) Played “Fashion Solitaire” for 2 hours straight.
7) Went to the post office.
8) Went to Joann’s and took advantage of the 50% off sale.
9) Went to Publix.
10) Put away laundry.
11) Cleaned the house.
12) Emailed my mom.
13) Blogged about Thursday night’s Gym Class Heroes concert.
14) Uploaded video of said concert to YouTube.
15) Uploaded photos to Flickr.
16) Printed out photos to scrap.
17) Cleaned out my wallet.
18) Scrapped two pages.**
19) Gave myself a manicure (I’m very happy that my $2 polish from Walgreen’s perfectly matches the polish I picked at the salon when I got my pedicure last week!)
20) Cleaned out my desk and organized my projects/notes for work.
21) Finally watched programs that have been filling up my tivo: Life (2 episodes), The Unusuals (4), Eleventh Hour (1), Bones (2), Criminal Minds (1), Dollhouse (1), Law & Order:SVU (1), Ugly Betty (1), Grey’s Anatomy (2), Cupid (1), Being Erica (1).
22) Watched “Bride Wars” and “Hamlet 2”.
23) Took donations to the Goodwill drop-off.
I’m telling you… it’s the stuff of great thrillers and gripping melodrama!*
P.S. He’s on his way home now and, according to Delta.com, should be somewhere over Wyoming at this very moment. Yay!!
*It’s called sarcasm, people.
**Saturday (May 2nd) was National Scrapbooking Day. Ask me if I participated in any scrapping related activities. The answer is no, I did not.