With tomorrow marking the official start of the holiday season, a time of giving and family, I wanted to point out a few great organizations you may be interested in supporting. After all, that is the true spirit of giving, isn’t it?
- Charitywater.org – Charity: Water is a non-profit that brings clean and safe drinking water to people in developing nations. With a $20 donation, you can give one person clean drinking water for 20 years!
- Inspiredgifts.unicefusa.org – The Inspired Gifts program allows you to purchase real, lifesaving products – like bed nets and vaccines – to be shipped directly to one of over 150 countries where UNICEF is working to save children’s lives. A $35 donation will buy a bicycle to help a health worker get to remote area.
- Madebysurvivors.com – The Emancipation Network (TEN) is an international organization dedicated to fighting human trafficking and modern day slavery. They help survivors rebuild their lives after rescue from slavery, with sustainable income, education and help reintegrating into society. Help support these rehabilitation programs by purchasing jewelry from Made By Survivors.
- RoomtoRead.org – Room to Read partners with local communities throughout the developing world to provide educational opportunities by establishing libraries, creating local language children’s literature, constructing schools, establishing computer labs, and providing education to girls (whom are often neglected educationally).
- Scaw.org – SCAW (Sleeping Children Around the World) provides bed kits to children of any race and/or religion who will benefit the most; typically being located in underdeveloped and developing countries. A $35(CAN = $29US) donation provides a bed kit that consists of a mat or mattress, pillow, sheet, blanket, mosquito net (if applicable), clothes outfit, towel and school supplies. (Bed kit contents vary from country to country depending upon local needs.)
- MalariaNoMore.org – Malaria No More is a non-profit, non-governmental organization determined to end malaria deaths in Africa. Every $10 donation provides one insecticide-treated mosquito net, which will protect at least one child for up to five years.
- PuppiesBehindBars.com - Puppies Behind Bars helps inmates give back to society by training them to raise puppies to become service dogs for the disabled and explosive detection canines for law enforcement.
- HopeWine.com – By simply purchasing bottles of wine from Hope Wine, you can help three causes: Breast Cancer, Autism and AIDS. These represent three of largest and most devastating diseases facing the world today.