I can’t believe it’s August already! This year is just zipping by. Sometimes that’s a good thing, but there are other times that I wish it would slow down and just me relish being in the moment. A lot has happened. Some of it bad. Most of it wonderful. A lot of eye opening situations, and that’s always good.
Anyway, enough rambling. Let’s get to the meat and potatoes, shall we?
1. I’m finally going to try out for a design team spot. I had been on the fence about it, thinking I’m really not good enough and all that. But then I realized I have nothing to lose. So I’m going to go for it. I’m not going to say what kit club it’s for, as I don’t want to jinx myself. Once the list is finalized I will reveal it here.
2. My boyfriend rocks. I know, I know! You’re probably sick of it by now. But I can’t help it. Every day I am finding one more thing about him to add to the ever-growing list of fabulosity. He’s always surprising me in small, but significant ways. Listen, this is still pretty new. And it’s fun. And it feels awesome. So let me bask, will you?
3. I never thought I’d say this, but I think I actually want to get a pair of Crocs. Oh God, no! Not the garden clog variety! These, that I first spotted on my friend, Kim. Cute, huh?? I usually only wear flats (add to the Boyfriend list: he doesn’t like when I wear high heels. YAY!!) and Kim swears these are super comfortable. She even wore them to Disney and said her feet didn’t hurt at all. Only 25 bucks, yo!
4. I’m going to another Monster Jam (monster truck rally)! The boy’s friend won tickets, but will be out of town the night of the event, so she’s letting us have them. I went to my first ever Monster Jam with him in February and it was sooo much fun! Who woulda thunk it?? We’re going to go see "Dark Knight" at the IMAX theater in Ft. Lauderdale earlier in the day, so it’s going to be one fun-filled day. Can’t wait!
5. I STILL need a vacation. Like desperately. We’re supposed to go to Orlando in October for the Dew Tour weekend. I think that might pretty much be my vacation for the year.
6. Tere’s birthday dinner was a hit. My lasagna came out even better than I expected, so I’m happy about that. We had a yummy dinner, great conversation, and I got to play with my super-adorable "nephew," Max, so that’s a good night as far as I’m concerned.
Hmm… is that it?? Really? I can’t believe that’s all I’ve got to share. Dude, how boring is my life right now? Well, you know what? Boring = peaceful, so I’ll take it.