I don’t really have much to share in the way of a story today, so I hope you’ll be happy with a little randomness.
- The boy found a new apartment! Yay!! Basically his building was sold to a new management company that gave the residents 30 days notice to evacuate. The timing could not have been worse (for reasons you’ll have to read about on his blog), but luckily everything worked out and he will be moving into his new place this weekend. What sucks for him is having a girlfriend that thinks she’s Martha Stewart and insists on helping him organize everything.
- I have been craving a chocolate eclair all day. I am nowhere near a bakery and have not had an eclair in about – oh – 3 years. So I have no idea why I’m all of a sudden wanting one but I am.
- Hating my new haircut. I told the lady "angled bob with a little bit of layering at the end" (think Miranda in the new "SATC" movie but a little longer. What I got was "Victoria Beckham a la Liberty City crack whore." Serves me right for being a cheap ass and going to Hair Cuttery instead of my usual Peter of London. Oh well. Luckily it grows back.
- I took 100+ pictures at my niece’s wedding. Only 35 were usable, i.e., not blurry, not dark, and no triple chin (no lie – there are pictures of me where I have more Chins than a Chinese phonebook!)
- I have discovered that I am a genius with crazy glue! I cracked the leg off my favorite pair of Spy sunglasses (pilfered from the boy because he wasn’t sure if the lenses were dark enough) when I was in LA so I bought a tube of Crazy Glue gel when I got back home. They are perfect now.
- The boss will be on vacation next week, then two weeks after that will be traveling for about a month for work. YAY!! It means more work for me, but little to no contact with her. Again – YAY!!!
- My buddy, Rebecca, from Scrapblog, gifted me a bunch of BamPop goodies to scrap with. She is an avid scrapper and knows how much I love it, so she picked them up during a recent business trip. My favorite is the new "Juno"-esque papers. LOVE!
- Speaking of scrappy deliciousness, I just ordered yet ANOTHER kit from ScrapbookDUI. Damaris puts together the most beautiful and concise kits. Everything just goes together perfectly and her embellies are awesome. I’ve never really found any scrap kits I totally love, but have become a huge lover of SDUI and Sweet Twee Labs (owned by Elke, whose kits are packed with funky, off-beat, vintage embellies. Her kits are perfect for when I’m feeling a little "artsy").
- The boy and I attended an interesting presentation on Viral Marketing last night (I love "gettin’ my geek on"!) which was supposed to be followed by networking, pizza and beer. Unfortunately, he is fighting a cold (probably stress-induced) so we left immediately after and picked up burgers from Five Guys for dinner. Now the burgers are good – REALLY good – but OMFG, the french fries! Seriously – BEST. FRIES. EVER! I can feel my ass expanding as I type this.
- Speaking of expanding ass, I really, REALLY need to start eating healthier. I used to eat pretty well before – lots of proteins, salads, veggies, drinking only Crystal Light (hate plain water) – but I’ve gotten lazy. Lately my idea of healthy eating is heating up a lean cuisine and chasing it down with a Cherry Coke Zero. Not so good. And I really need to start exercising. Wish me luck! Light a candle or something!
- And to round off this rambling, senseless post, a list of movies I want to see this summer:Wall-E, Hancock, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Dark Knight, and The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor.