(I know I’m a day late, but oh well.)
There’s this scrappy girl named Shimelle Laine, and every September she teaches an online class called “Learn Something New Every Day.” I’ve never taken the class, but the basic premise is that you make a mini-album and document one new thing you learned every day for the entire month of September. Even though I’m not participating in the class, and I haven’t made an album, I thought I would keep a list anyway. That way, if the mood should strike, I can go ahead and make the album at a later time.
Anyway, enough explanation. Here is my list for this week…
Things I Have Learned This Month (9/1/10-9/9/10):
- I have GOT to pay attention to the cashier at Michaels. Otherwise I will end up paying $8 for a stamp I thought was only $1.
- I would like to have Fanless’ grandma teach me how to bake pies. Especially apple.
- Some of the best meals are the ones you share with friends. Especially if they are free.
- I can still go out, stay up late and drink a lot without getting hungover. But I will be very, VERY tired the next day.
- Even though spending a few hours helping your honey clean up and organize his apartment can really wear you out, you’ll feel a great sense of accomplishment afterwards.
- Sometimes take-out Thai and a “Supernatural” marathon with your favorite boy make for a perfect rainy day at home.
- Michaels 40% and 50% off coupons are great for getting good deals on pricey tools, like paper trimmers or ATG guns.
- FPL has the best reporting and callback service of any public utility. Also, if the power has to go out, it’s best if it happens early in the morning while the house is still cold from having the A/C on “arctic blast” setting all night.
- If I get a computer virus, I don’t need the Geek Squad. I am capable of getting rid of it myself. Makes me feel smart!
Peace out, yo!